Gratitude keeps me grounded. It is like my anchor to humility and helps me stay focused. Getting caught up in the winter blahs can easily happen this time of year. My solution? Hammer out a gratitude list.
So without further ado, here are the 30 things I am grateful for (and these are in no particular order:
- Family - nuclear, extended, thrust upon me or chosen. I love you all heart and soul.
- Friends - I don't throw that word around easily. If I call you friend, it means that I trust you. It also means that I am fiercely loyal and would likely do just about anything for you. I also love you all.
- An abundance of...well...everything - Not only did we donate a huge bag of clothes to a local church a few days ago, I just bagged up a bunch of food for a close friend in need.
- My pets - they love unconditionally and want only to please. Even though they drive me up the wall first thing in the morning:)
- A beautiful home - it's big enough and warm and lovely and even though it isn't the fanciest, It's more than a house...it's our home.
- Peppermint Mochas from McDonalds.
- Photo albums, my new obsession.
- Being able to make a full-time income from home.
- Good, reliable transportation. I guess I should use "reliable" loosely since the car is in the shop but the loaner car isn't too bad either.
- The fact that I live in a country with an abundance of everything and the freedom of everything that I sometimes take for granted.
- Burt's Bees Hand Creme.
- Long walks on chilly days.
- Five amazing kids and their respective significant others.
- One amazing grandkid (so far).
- One incredible husband.
- Fuzzy socks.
- The blogging world and all of the incredible people in it.
- Days Of Our Lives is still going strong.
- Good health.
- Good teeth - well...good enough anyway. Maybe this one should say good dental insurance.
- Plenty of food. I have never gone to bed hungry nor wondered where my next meal would be. I am blessed.
- Fountain Soda
- Being smoke-free since 2000.
- My planners.
- My faith.
- My relationship with God.
- My life...it's the only one I have and I want to make the most of it.
"Be thankful for what you have. Your life, no matter how bad you think it is, is someone else's fairy tale." ~ Wale Ayeni
I would love to hear what you are grateful for so drop those comments below:)